Woodside WireWorks

Wit, Whimsy, & Wisdom…

Hot Chocolate and Fuzzy Socks…

Snow day play date.  Making beaded chain.

Snow day play date. Making beaded chain.

What a beautiful day to be a “shut-in!”  Snow is a rare commodity in Virginia Beach and last night’s snow was epic for this neck of the woods.  I kept the flood lights on, and watched it come down.  It was like one of our typical N’Easters but white!  Absolutely beautiful.  I don’t believe I’ve ever seen snow come down with such fury before.

This day is the perfect excuse to stay in my PJ’s and work on the Build a LIne Challenge, which has been keeping me entertained since early January.  We have another blog hop scheduled for Friday (stay tuned!), and I’m pretty certain most of the troops are hunkered down with pliers, wires, and glue, just like I’m doing this fine day.

How 'bout this view?

How ’bout this view?

The front yard.  Our street will be icy for awhile.  Poor me, I get to stay home, drink hot chocolate, and play!

The front yard. Our street will be icy for awhile. Poor me, I get to stay home, drink hot chocolate, and play!

For many of us, this challenge has taken us out of our comfort zones, but led us toward a new way of thinking.  We are a chatty bunch and the interaction has been lively and fun.  If one of us has a problem, we post a picture, and typically get several great answers, and a solution to our problem.  How cool is that?

The challenge is sponsored by B’Sue Boutiques (http://www.bsueboutiques.com) and our mentor and gifted teacher Brenda Sue Lansdowne.  She is AMAZING!  I cannot even imagine trying to inspire our tribe.  We are a fun bunch, and a few of us might just be a wee bit stubborn, and resistant to change!  I know I was.  Brenda has opened my eyes on so many levels–and that isn’t easy to do!

Parts, glorious parts!  Can't wait to show you what became of these!

Parts, glorious parts! Can’t wait to show you what became of these!

Today I’m trying to wrap up a few projects while gazing out of the windows at the beautiful snow.  My animals are huddled beside me in the quiet warmth.  I’ve got some cozy wool socks on, am about to make some hot chocolate, Nora Jones is playing in the background, and all is well in my world.   It doesn’t get much better than this!

26 Comments

1. Like you Susan I’m curled up with my fur babies but sipping green tea. I am in NC so we have a mixture snow and sleet. Not in the Build A Line but will be tuning in on Friday for the blog hop. Always enjoy your blogs.

• Susan Bowerman

February 18, 2015 at 2:53 am

We had that mix early this morning. Our ground is quite crunchy as a result, Linda. Green tea sounds nice, too! Stay safe and warm and thank you so much for the visit. Big hugs!

2. Sounds nice. ~ Elizabeth 🙂

• Susan Bowerman

February 18, 2015 at 2:54 am

Thanks, Elizabeth. I might just squeeze a little nap in the mix, too. When you chase snowflakes half the night, you get tired!

3. I love when it is warm and cozy to sit and make jewelry. Your components are beautiful. Can’t wait to see your line.

• Susan Bowerman

February 18, 2015 at 4:16 am

Thank you so much, Janet. This is a cozy day. I have a big pot of chicken and dumplings simmering on the stove, the house smells wonderful and the critters and I are having a fine day! Life is good!

4. A great blog post once again Susan. You make me feel like I’m sitting right next to you experiencing the snowfall. May I have a cup of Joe please. 😉
    It’s been exciting, to say the least, to follow you ladies and the ventures the BALC is taking you to. Looking forward to Friday’s blog hop to see how everyone is coming along. Stay warm.

• Susan Bowerman

February 18, 2015 at 4:17 am

I wish I could join you ladies for your play dates, Irene! I’d happily bring the Joe and some cake, too! See you, Friday. Big hugs, pretty lady!

5. Christine Carroll

February 18, 2015 at 4:27 am

Sue!! It sounds so warm and cozy! I wish I were there with you instead of here in New Hampshire with snow so deep it’s almost over my head. . .

🙂

Chris

• Susan Bowerman

February 18, 2015 at 5:23 am

I don’t know how you do that, Chris! Geeze Louise, we get 5 or 6 inches of snow and the whole city practically shuts down. May the sun shine on you soon and may the melt begin!

6. Susan, this is a wonderful blog post. Love the snow pictures. I am so excited to see what you’ve done with those components!! I know it will knock our socks off!!

7. Vonda Stephenson

February 18, 2015 at 8:45 am

Susan, I love reading your blog posts. You are such a gifted writer. I’m looking forward to the blog hop.

• Susan Bowerman

February 20, 2015 at 12:04 am

Thank you so much, Vonda. I’m looking forward to the blog hop too. I wish my muse would “join me” this morning. Struggling!

8. I can’t wait to see what your designs are Susan!!! Love the rose gold and silver combination! Although I have plenty of snow here I so enjoyed seeing your pictures and wishing I lived closer so we could “clink” our hot chocolate mugs together 😉

9. Doesn’t get better than fuzzy socks and hot chocolate….and Norah!

10. One word that I can use to describe your amazing jewelry is “Outstanding!!!”
    I love the phenomenal way that you bring all of the elements together! I am just a forever fan for sure!!!! Now playing Nora Jones just puts the icing on top pf the cake! Great job Susan!!!!

11. I love reading your blogs, they are always put together so well .. Love your components .. Cooper and silver so yummy .. It’s short weather here in California .. We really haven’t had a cold winter and need rain so bad .. Stay warm with your furry family Susan

• Susan Bowerman

February 20, 2015 at 12:10 am

Shorts weather…oh my! Lucky you, Jann. Hopefully the rain forecasted for Saturday here will get rid of this snow turned to ice! Thank you for your kind words. I’m looking forward to seeing part of your line tomorrow!

12. I love your blog posts so much! The photographs are gorgeous, and I can feel the warmth of your socks and hot chocolate from here. I can’t wait to see your beautiful jewelry.

13. I have to giggle as I read backwards…in 10 days you won’t be so thrilled with the snow. Hahaha